09 August, 2011

Imperator Titan

As a friend of mind was the Con Director for Gaelcon in 2009 he set about the task of build a 4 foot scale model of a Warhammer 40K Imperator Titan. When I found out about this I offered my help and built the cathedral that sits on top of the war machine.

Each tower was made from plastcard (something that I will not be using again for such delicate builds again any time soon) This part was just lots of cutting and shaping to get each one perfect.
Cardboard was used to mimic the detail of columns going around the towers and thick plastic sheets made the stepping details on the roofs
A larger dome was made of the centre in the same manner as the towers.
There was a lack of production shots taken due to the rush we were in to finish the Titan for the convention. To fill out the detail around the base of the cathedral we used store bought models for Games Workshop. This made up the back tower, the shield wall around the edge and the front gate to the cathedral. The little gun in placement on the corners were made by me out of plastcard.
Because of the time limit colouring was also left till the very last minute, in fact I spent the night before the con painting as fast and as detailed as I could so that she would be ready and on display for the morning.

No comments: